Earth Day is Sunday, April 22nd and we are reminded that each of us has the power to reduce our impact on the environment. We encourage you to participate and make others aware of the environmental issues seen throughout the world. Make a difference by taking part in these simple actions throughout the home:
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- Wash your clothes in cold water and use the short cycle
- Turn down your water heater
- Recycle and reuse plastic grocery bags…better yet, bring your own cloth bag to the market!
- Convert your household light bulbs to LED
- Purchase a filter for the kitchen faucet and cut back on water bottle usage
- Use your laptop over your desktop computer
- Take shorter showers
- Turn the lights off when you leave a room
Let your friends and family know that the small changes they do will have a huge impact on this wonderful planet we all call home.