Columbia Cabinets was thrilled to host a flavorful evening with Lisa and Scott Grimmett at their magnificent home overlooking Saratoga Lake. Having worked with the Grimmett’s on designing their kitchen and cabinetry, we were thrilled to receive the honor of Pinnacle Home – Best Kitchen at the 2014 Parade of Homes.
What a fitting celebration for friends to gather and enjoy an evening learning from Ric Orlando, celebrated chef of New World Bistro Bar.
The evening began with refreshing margaritas and continued with a powerfully flavored array of Mexican street foods including:
- The best Guacamole north of the border
- Ceviche “Mixto”…not as frightening to prepare as I thought
- “Green” Chicken Tacos, the new slider
- Jicama Slaw: Jicama is a crunchy, slightly sweet root veggie native to Central America that tastes like a cross between a water chestnut and an apple. It makes amazing slaw.
- Queso Fresco
- Perfectly Mexican Black Beans
- Yellow Rice
Ric explained that since these foods are powerfully flavored with acidity, spice and herbal notes, skip the big red wines and gravitate towards those bright whites like NY Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Soave and Albarino. Of course beer, margaritas or sangria are perfect to enjoy with these dishes as well.
Special thanks to Ric, Lisa, Scott and CC’s special event planner Michele and designer Mary for organizing such a memorable evening!
For some details, as well as additional pictures, of the Grimmett’s magnificent home, visit the portfolio section of our website:
Enjoy these final weeks of summer,